Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Asthenozoospermia and necrospermia

Asthenozoospermia and necrospermia

  1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Cassidysstern</span>

    Hello! My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 11 months without success. We’ve been testing, and my husband’s semen analysis came back bad:

    Progressive motility : 16%
    Non-Progressive Motility: 6%
    Immobile: 78%.

    Vitality: 38%.
    Normal: 15%.
    Abnormal: 85%

    The doctor has told us not to worry and has prescribed Seidiferty, in 5 months we must return to the office. However, looking at the results it seems to me that they are not good at all and that the chances of a natural pregnancy are really very low. We are both 35 years old and I know that time is against us, I would not like to lose it…

    Could you please give me your opinion on the results? Should we consider IVF as the only way or are we rushing it? Should my husband go to the urologist to try to identify the origin of his problem? He has a very healthy diet and exercises.

    Thank you in advance for your answer, it is very helpful.

    05/08/2020 at 11:03 am
  2. Hi Cassidysstern,

    After a year of unprotected sex and not having achieved a pregnancy, it is advisable to go to a fertility specialist to find out the cause of infertility.

    Since your husband takes care of himself, follows a healthy diet and practices exercise, it would be advisable to visit a urologist, since vitamins may not be enough to improve the seminogram. In any case, I recommend you to repeat the seminogram after 3 months and not 5, because if there is an improvement it is possible to see it in 3 months.

    Since there is a very high percentage of dead and immobile sperm, it is very likely that you will need an in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment to achieve pregnancy if the seminogram does not improve. Therefore, I recommend that you make an initial visit to a fertility clinic to be informed about everything and to have your case assessed by a specialist. In fact, fertility clinics also have urologists to treat male infertility, so you can go directly there.

    If you need personalized advice on this, you can access the Fertility Report and you will receive a detailed document with the assisted reproduction centers near you that meet our quality criteria. In addition, we will also give you some advice for your first visit and information about the treatment you need, the prices, the conditions and if there is any current promotion.

    Finally, you can find more information about these fertility disorders in the following article: Asthenozoospermia and necrospermia.

    Hope this helps you,

    wish you all the best.

    06/08/2020 at 10:01 am