Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Boyfriend doesn’t want marriage and considering single motherhood

Boyfriend doesn’t want marriage and considering single motherhood

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Marlene Williams</span>
    Marlene Williams

Sorry guys, but I just need to vent here… My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years now, but he hasn’t proposed yet. I’m fed up of waiting and besides I’m losing time being able to do fertility treatment, because of my age and also health status. At this point in my life, I want nothing more than to be a mother, but not unless I am a married woman. I don’t want to break up with him either because that would mean I have to spend several more years waiting for a proposal, marriage, pregnancy, etc. with someone else. I think I’ve got it crystal clear now: if he doesn’t propose soon, I will be looking into being a single mother by choice. In that case, I’ll get pregnant through a sperm bank. I wasn’t planning this, but I don’t think I can give up my dream of being a mother just because he is not ready to marry me, do you understand? Have you ever felt like this? Have you ever looked into IVF using a sperm donor to become a single mother?

02/23/2016 at 2:21 pm
  2. Dear Marlene,

women who choose to become single mothers have plenty of fertility options. If you are ready to start a family, your fertility options include:

1. Intrauterine insemination (IUI): In this case, the sperm is placed into the uterus via a small tube. It is done before ovulation, and in your case you may need to use donor sperm.
    2. In vitro fertilization (IVF): Ovulation induction drugs are taken for IVF, in order to trigger the production of a larger number of eggs to gro, usually around 5-10. The eggs produced will be removed from the ovaries and combined with the donated sperm. It is what is called “donor-sperm IVF”. Once the egg is fertilized, the embryo will develop in the laboratory for 2-5 days before being transferred back to the woman.

Single women who choose to become single mothers will be recommended to undergo one of the above mentioned techniques, according to their reproductive health and the quality of the donated sperm.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/08/2016 at 11:07 am
  3. Before you a difficult choice, I hope you can handle this

01/17/2018 at 1:35 pm