Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Endometriosis and IVF implantation failure, what’s next?

Endometriosis and IVF implantation failure, what’s next?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">BlueTortoise</span>
    BlueTortoise

Hello,
    After several tests at my fertility clinic they have come to the conclusion that IVF will not work for me because I’ve severe endometriosis. My doctor says that the medications increase the size of endometrial implants and the treatment becomes counterproductive for that reason… He said the best for me would be to undergo surgery, what’s your opinion? Please, I’m freaking out…

02/08/2018 at 9:36 am
  2. Hello BlueTortoise,

If you have stage 4 endometriosis, it is true that undergoing IVF can be dangerous, as hormones can make endometrial implants grow during the phase of ovulation induction. This can be extremely dangerous for your health depending on the location of the implants and their size. This also applies to pregnancy, as the hormonal levels of the woman are altered.

So, my advice is that you share all your concerns with your doctor and get as much advice as possible on what should you expect from surgery and your post-surgery options to have a baby. If hysterectomy (removal of the womb) is the best option for you, you can have a child through surrogacy or adoption.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

02/09/2018 at 12:04 pm