Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Insomnia after FET…. does it mean I will get a BFN?

Insomnia after FET…. does it mean I will get a BFN?

1. jack1221
    jack1221

I am having trouble sleeping after my frozen embryo transfer which was done on Wednesday. Is it possible to still get a positive pregnancy test even with interrupted sleep every night?
    I am worried the embryo is not going to implant.

04/22/2017 at 12:00 pm
  2. Hello jack1221,

Although not so common, insomnia and trouble sleeping is a symptom that might appear after an embryo transfer, along with a loss of appetite or a stronger desire to eat, bloating, etc. In most cases, it is not caused by the embryo transfer itself, but by the anxiety the patient generates due to being constantly worried about the result.

My advice is that you forget about it and keep yourself entertained these days. We know the two-week wait is a complicated period for many women who are looking forward to obtaining a positive result, but the truth is, anxiety does not help. The fact that you are experiencing insomnia does not have an influence on the final outcome, so do not worry. If this symptom is preventing you from leading a normal lifestyle, perhaps you should ask your GP for further help.

See also: Symptoms after embryo transfer.

I hope I have been able to help,
    Best

04/26/2017 at 11:29 am