Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Red bleeding 10 days after embryo transfer with ICSI

Red bleeding 10 days after embryo transfer with ICSI

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Shakespeare22</span>
    Shakespeare22

Hi, please help me out… I’m trembling with fear. I’ve just finished my first-ever ICSI cycle, and before the embryo transfer everything goes alright, as we got 7 healthy embryos which were cultured up to blastocyst stage without problems.

I was transferred one of them and then a slight brown spotting started. I didn’t give too much weight to that as I had been told it it a normal symptom, but it didn’t stop and now it’s day 10 after the ET and not only it has turned into a red, heavy bleeding but also I’ve been bleeding non-stop since that very moment. I’ve to add the heavy red bleeding started on the date my period was supposed to start.

Anyway, I called my clinic several times these days, but they just said nothing could be one, just increasing my progesterone dose to 800 mg per day, and stay like that throughout the TWW.

I’m pretty sure I’ll get a negative result, but my question is: why am I bleeding that much? Has anybody else experienced this? Did you get an answer to your questions?

02/16/2016 at 7:06 pm
  2. Hello Shakespeare22,

when pregnancy does not take place, the most common is that your period starts right after stopping taking progesterone medications, and not while taking it. However, it might happen that you start bleeding even though you are still taking progesterone in case pregnancy has not been achieved. This may be due to various causes, being the most likely that your body hasn’t detected progesterone, maybe because this is how your body expresses that there is no pregnancy.

Be it as it may, I am sorry to say that if you are steadily bleeding so heavily, the most probable is that you are not pregnant.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best of luck

02/26/2016 at 1:14 pm