Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
SOS! Success rates for embryo adoption?

SOS! Success rates for embryo adoption?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Sandra Davies</span>
    Sandra Davies

Hello everyone,

I’m considering starting a fertility treatment using donated embryos, but firstly I’d like to find out what is the success rate for embryo adoption on average, if possible. Does this ART actually work? I’d like to be on the safe side since going through infertility is almost killing me 🙁 I did several IVF cycles and they were all unsuccessful, and that’s why our fertility clinic offered this option to us, which I find quite interesting, since its success rates are more or less high… We’re really interested since the fess they suggested were quite reasonable, but as I said I’m kind of afraid it does not work, you know 🙁

Is embryo donation and adoption a safe technique?

Thank you for your time and consideration

10/30/2015 at 5:09 pm
  2. Dear Sandra,

First and foremost, embryo donation and adoption is a completely safe technique, so do not worry about that. Secondly, since it is a safe fertility treatment, you can be sure that your body won’t reject the embryos because of being from another couple.

That said, embryo donation is an option to have in mind given your situation, and luckily its success rates are rather high. However, as always, this does not guarantee that it won’t fail, but this is the same as in any other fertility treatment. Regrettably, reproductive medicine is not an exact science and the success rates of any fertility treatment depend on various factors.

In the case of embryo donation, these varying factors are, to name just a few: embryo quality, endometrial thickness, etc. Anyhow, there are some fertility ceters where success rates for embryo donation are above 50%.

Wishing you all the best

11/02/2015 at 11:58 am