Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What are the right medical procedures of embryo adoption?

What are the right medical procedures of embryo adoption?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">CinDy nEaL</span>
    CinDy nEaL

Hi there,

I’m a single woman wishing to have a baby on my own. That’s why I’m considering adoption unused embryos from IVF treatments of other couples… However, I’m not as clear as to how should I proceed with ovarian stimulation, I don’t even know if I have to take ovulation induction drugs or what is the adequate procedure to follow. I’ve fear of needles too.

Cheers

01/16/2016 at 3:32 pm
  2. Hello,

The type of treatment you will have to take will depend on your ovarian function and overall fertility status. In case you have regular menstrual periods, your ovarian function will be stopped so that it does not interfere with the treatment. In such case, you will have to administer hormone injections. Besides, you will have to take estradiol through patch route or any other format, as well as progesterone vaginally or by mouth. These drugs are prescribed for increasing endometrial thickness, promoting therefore embryo implantation.

In case you have irregular periods, only estradiol and progesterone medications will be prescribed.

Hope this helps

01/20/2016 at 6:23 pm