Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Viable embryo in my uterus after medical abortion using Misoprostol

Viable embryo in my uterus after medical abortion using Misoprostol

1. Bees
    Bees

On the 18th of july i had an medical abortion using misoprostol, i inserted one into my vagina and swallowed one, after 15mins there were severe abdominal cramps and i started bleeding which lasted for 4days. I noticed blood clots (the clots were big). On the 4th day the blood was not much by then the pains had reduced. I went for a scan after a week on the 26th of this month and i was told that a viable embryo is in my uterus. I was told to come back after 2wks for another scan for them to monitor the growth of the embryo. The person that helped with the abortion said maybe it was a twins. All d pregnancy symptoms have disappeared, the pain in my breast has reduced, morning sickness also has disappeared although i can still feel the bitterness in my tongue. I did another urine pt today and the result is positive.
    Pls is this possible.

*i told them at the hospital that i saw blood, i didn’t tell them about the abortion.
    **i want to know if the baby is going to be ok and if its not going to be abnormal (i felt bad when i heard about the twins issue)

Is the scan right or is it too early for a scan?
    Will my baby be fine?

07/30/2017 at 6:43 pm
  2. Dear Bees,

The most important thing for you to do now is to inform your doctors about the use of Misoprostol. They should be aware of this to consider the consequences and effects it might have on you. It is an abortive medication, so it is clear that it has affected the embryo(s), especially because, as you said, you bled after taking it.

My advice is that you tell them about it and follow their instructions and recommendations.

Best

07/31/2017 at 2:56 pm
    • Thank you for replying.

I went for the scan today, no heartbeat was detected, all other stuffs were in good condition, was told to come back after 2 weeks for another scan to know if the embryo is still viable.

07/31/2017 at 5:36 pm
  3. This thread continues in the following topic: Medical abortion with Misoprostol.

You can post as many doubts and queries as you wish there.

09/20/2017 at 3:37 pm

The topic ‘Viable embryo in my uterus after medical abortion using Misoprostol’ is closed to new replies.