Gonal is a gonadotropin.
Its format is GONAL-f 1050IU/1.75 ml (77 micrograms/1.75 ml) powder and solvent for solution for injection.
- ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: Follitropin alfa.
Follitropin alfa is a recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (r FSH) obtained from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells by recombinant DNA technology.
- QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION: each vial contains 87 micrograms of follitropin alfa in order to deliver 77 micrograms in 1.75 ml, equivalent to 1050 IU.
Excipients: 30 mg sucrose, 1.11 mg disodium phosphate dihydrate, 0.45 mg sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide, water for injections, benzyl alcohol.
- PHARMACEUTICAL FORM: Pack of 1 vial of powder and 1 pre-filled syringe of solvent for reconstitution and 15 disposable syringes for administration graduated in FSH units.
- APPROXIMATE PRICE: 369,48 pounds. Hospital diagnosis. Reduced contribution.
- CLINICAL PARTICULARS
- THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS: Causes a higher recruitment of ovarian follicles and stimulates its development.
- POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINAL PRODUCTS: No interaction with commonly used medicines has been reported. Gonal-f 1050 must not be mixed with other medicines in the same syringe.
- PRESERVATION: Keep the medicine protected from light and do not store above 25ºC. Keep it out of children's reach.
- HOW TO USE GONAL-F
- Avaliable on prescription only.
Always take Gonal-f exactly as your doctor has told you.
Source: European Medicines Agency
Our editors have made great efforts to create this content for you. By sharing this post, you are helping us to keep ourselves motivated to work even harder.