The surgical intervention performed to eliminate hydrocele is called hydrocelectomy . The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Sedation of the patient with general or epidural anesthesia
- The surgeon makes an incision in the scrotum of about 3-4 cm
- It is attempted to locate the hydrocele in the vaginal tunic
- Aspiration of the accumulated liquid until the bag decreases in size, which is also extracted
- Making a suture where the incision has been made
This operation is very simple, it only lasts 20-60 minutes. The patient will then have to spend a few hours in observation before being able to go home.