Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Rh incompatibility while pregnant
2
0
Menu

Rh incompatibility while pregnant

Rh incompatibility is a clinical situation that may occur during pregnancy, because the mother lacks Rh protein, while the fetus has developed it. Given that the presence of the Rh factor (group D antigen) can be found in 75% of the population and the remaining 25% lack it, chances for the mother being Rh negative and the fetus being Rh positive are high.

Potential problems derived from this combination derive from the production of Rh antibodies by the mother, a process known as Rh-sensitization. In this case, carrying a fetus that is Rh positive can lead to the development of some diseases by the newborn due to Rh incompatibility.

Read the full article on: ( 63).
By (embryologist) and (fertility counselor).
Last Update: 02/12/2016