Pregnant women must eat healthy foods that are rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. The following is a list with key foods to eat during pregnancy:
- Green leafy vegetables, which contain folic acid
- Skimmed or semi-skimmed milk and yogurts contain the necessary amount of calcium for the development of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems of the fetus
- Meat, fish, and eggs are rich in proteins, iron, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eating fruit, vegetables, and cereals on a daily basis can provide you with the necessary amount of fiber to regulate intestinal activity
- Tomatoes and mandarin oranges are vitamin C rich and help in the iron absorption process, preventing anemia
On the other hand, moderating the consumption of carbohydrates and fats, especially those that contain a high amount of calories, is recommended, too.