- Postgraduate Course from the Medical Research Council of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD in Biology from the University of Valencia
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology from the University of Seville
- Director of assisted reproduction lab at Tahe Fertilidad (2007-present)
- Associate Professor of the Celular Biology and Histology Department at the Medicine Faculty of the University of Murcia (2007-present)
- Associate Professor of the Physiology Department at the Veterinary Faculty of the University of Murcia (2006-August 2007)
- Director of Assisted Reproduction Lab of IVI-MURCIA (1996-2007)
Honors and awards
- Senior Embryologist (ESHRE)
- Specialist in Assisted Human Reproduction and Clinical Embryology (ASEBIR)
- First Award from the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF) In Memorian JA Portuondo (1991)
- 3rd Best Original Article published on the Journal of Andrology, Andrology American Society (1996)
Scientific community involvement
- Several publications in national and international journals, as well as chapters in books specialized in human reproduction.
- Multiple presentations in national and international conferences
- Founder member of ASEBIR.
- Professor of various master's degrees about human assisted reproduction
Latest articles and collaborations
- How to treat and achieve pregnancy with oligoasthenoteratospermia
- Fertility preservation in young women. Recommendations and ideas.
- Male Fertility - Parts & Functions of the Male Reproductive System
- How sperm meets egg: a journey from production to fertilization
- Spermatozoa with necrospermia: What is it and how is it treated?
- Egg donation: requirements, procedure and compensation
- Fertile Chip in IVF: How does It Work and When Is it Indicated?
- Treatment for Non-Obstructive & Obstructive Azoospermia
- What Is Time-Lapse Technology in IVF? - Definition & Benefits
- Day 5 vs. Day 3 Embryo Transfer - What Are the Pros & Cons?
Latest replies to FAQs
- Can oligoastenoteratozoospermia be cured?
- How long does it take from sperm production to ejaculation?
- What causes necrospermia?
- What is the financial compensation received by egg donors?
- How are eggs frozen?
- How many eggs need to be frozen?
- What are the benefits of Time-Lapse IVF incubators?
- Is there a cure for azoospermia?
- In which cases is the use of the Fertile Chip indicated?
- Why has sperm quality experienced such a dramatical decrease amongst males in the past few years?
- Can the embryo transfer be done on day 3 after PGD?
Last Update: 08/01/2018