There are different ways to achieve the goal of increasing sperm quality:
- Healthy habits
- regular intake of antioxidants (tomato, nuts), not excessive exercise, ensuring proper regulation of testicular temperature (not tight underwear), avoiding hormonal disruptors (plastics, fuels...) are useful to naturally improve sperm quality.
- They are usually medications that provide trace elements, vitamins and antioxidants externally, and their use is a good option before or during assisted reproduction treatments.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- always under medical prescription. These drugs reduce sperm DNA fragmentation.
- the use of hormones such as gonadotropins or testosterone may be necessary to improve sperm quality. These medications should always be used after a doctor's prescription.
Suggested for you: Is it possible to improve sperm quality? – Recommendations.
Sergio Rogel Cayetano
Bachelor's Degree in Medicine from the Miguel Hernández University of Elche. Specialist in Obstetrics & Gynecology via M. I. R. at Hospital General de Alicante. He become an expert in Reproductive Medicine by working at different clinics of Alicante and Murcia, in Spain, until he joined the medical team of IVF Spain back in 2011.