Among the necessary requirements to undergo IVF-ICSI treatment are the following:
- Sufficient ovarian reserve.
- Uterus that allows gestation.
- Do not present a history of diseases that contraindicate pregnancy or IVF.
- Analytical and clinical history that prove that the patient is healthy, hemogram and blood coagulation corresponding to less than 6 months.
- Serologies of HBV, HCV, HIV and syphilis of the last three months.
- Cervical cytology.
- Semen with a count greater than 5 million motile spermatozoa per mL of ejaculate.
Karyotyping is not a mandatory test, although infertile couples present a higher percentage of karyotype alterations than spontaneously gestated couples. The increase in these alterations is very low and does not justify performing this test in all couples.