fbpixel
Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Brown spotting during pregnancy
Menu

Brown spotting during pregnancy

1. Healani
    Healani

Hello, I’m a little worried and sad by the moment because 5 days ago I had a light brown discharge when I went to the toilet. And today it happened again. It happens whenever I clean my genital area before using the bathroom. The thing is I don’t know if this is a reason to worry because a week ago I did an ultrasound and my gynecologist said everything was going wonderfully. That day we could even hear our baby’s heartbeat! 😀 Well, 4 days ago I visited my doctor again and he prescribed me progesterone-based pills. The discharge appears now less frequently, but it’s still there. You see… every time I go to the toilet and I see that I feel terribly scared because I can’t help thinking maybe I had a miscarriage, even if my gyn said when it’s a miscarriage you get red blood. Is this normal? I need a second opinion… How long does it take to disappear? Please, give me an answer, I’m freaking out.

09/03/2015 at 7:29 pm
  2. Dear Healani,

Your gynecologist is right: where there is no red blood nor heavy bleeding, there’s no reason to worry.

Brown spotting during pregnancy occurs frequently among many women in early pregnancy without it being a serious problem throughout pregnancy.

If you’re taking progesterone-based medication, then you should rest while you’re still on it. Following the guidelines given by your doctor is vital, since every woman goes through pregnancy in a different way.

Hope this helps 😉

09/04/2015 at 9:35 am
    • Hey, it also happens to me. I have a brown discharge whenever I urinate and I don’t like it because it’s smelly. I’m 3 months pregnant BTW. I still haven’t told this to my gynecologist, but I’m taking folic acid… Is my baby in danger? Please, help me.

09/04/2015 at 11:40 am
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.