Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Missed period after taking the morning after pill, normal or not?

Missed period after taking the morning after pill, normal or not?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Gabrielle</span>
    Gabrielle

Dear Doctor,

I took the morning after pill on July 14th. My period was supposed to start this week (on July, 18th) although I decided to take it anyway. Finally, my period started two days late, on July, 20th. My following period should have started on August, 6th with chances for it to start two days late as occurred earlier. However, today is August, 17th and it is still missing, although I’ve felt ovarian pain. I did a blood pregnancy test yesterday and the result was negative. I had safe sex over 15 days ago.

I would like to add that last month I’ve been through a lot and therefore I suffered from stress. Do you think it could be the reason why my period is late? Or maybe it is because of the morning after pills, because of the hormones it contains or something?

How long should I wait before visiting my gynecologist? Thank you very much for helping me.

Cheers,

Gabrielle

08/17/2015 at 2:23 pm
  2. Dear Gabrielle,

A very common side effect of the morning after pill is that your period is a few days late. Blood pregnancy tests are more accurate than the typical urine pregnancy tests that can be purchased in pharmacies. Thus, if more than 15 days since you last engaged into safe sexual intercourse have passed and the blood pregnancy test was negative, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant.

Besides, of course mood can affect your menstrual cycle by delaying it. Shocks, anxiety, stress… these are the most common causes why your period may be late. Bearing this in mind, I suggest you just relax because chances for pregnancy are minimum.

Best regards.

08/17/2015 at 2:30 pm
  3. Hi welcome sister, I am here for you to provide valuable information to sort out your problem in easy and effective way. I am feeling happy to help you because I also handle same problem like you in my life. This is golden opportunity for me to help you to overcome this horrible situation on behalf of my personal experience. You should handle stress and depression in proper management to overcome this horrible situation in professional way. It is good signal that you are aware about your health. You should not compromise with your health at any cost. You should avoid unwanted and unsafe sex.
    We consult with gynecologist of Ukraine to get permanent solution of my missed period problem that is very horrible problem in my life. I want to forget those days of my life at any cost. I want to suggest you some easy and effective method and tips to face this horrible situation in positively way.
    The first and foremost thing I want to suggest you to use pregnancy test that clear all your doubts in professional way. You can check your pregnancy test at your home in easy to follow method. It is a kind of investment that provides high return in minimum time limit that is beneficial for you in long run. It is very important to understand your pregnancy status in positive and negative to make proper planning to defeat your missed period problem. It is very important to have proper regular period cycle that is connected to your reproduction system and health status. You should maintain high hemoglobin in blood to get permanent solution of your missed period problem with rich iron food with folic acid. I am waiting for your reply to hear good news to solve your problem.

08/30/2017 at 9:39 am