Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What are Leydig cells?
36
0
Menu

What are Leydig cells?

Leydig cells are a type of cell present only in men and are found in the testicles.

The function of the Leydig cells is the production of testosterone. Normally, adults produce 5 to 7 mg of testosterone per day. 90% of this amount will be produced by the Leydig cells. The remaining 5-10% of testosterone is secreted by the adrenal glands.