The following are the most frequent types of gender related diseases worldwide:
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Breakdown and loss of cells in the retina that could lead to blindness.
- Fragile X syndrome
- It is the most common disease causing developmental problems, including learning disabilities and cognitive impairment.
- Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy
- Characterized by progressive muscle weakness and loss of muscle mass.
- Hemophilia A and B
- Blood does not clot normally.
Read the full article on: What Are Monogenic Disorders? – Classification & Most Common Types ( 70).
By Antonio Alcaide Raya B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. (senior embryologist), Zaira Salvador B.Sc., M.Sc. (embryologist) and Sandra Fernández B.A., M.A. (fertility counselor).
Last Update: 11/13/2018