The following are the most frequent types of gender related diseases worldwide:
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Breakdown and loss of cells in the retina that could lead to blindness.
- Fragile X syndrome
- It is the most common disease causing developmental problems, including learning disabilities and cognitive impairment.
- Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy
- Characterized by progressive muscle weakness and loss of muscle mass.
- Hemophilia A and B
- Blood does not clot normally.
By Antonio Alcaide Raya BSc, MSc, PhD (senior embryologist), Zaira Salvador BSc, MSc (embryologist) and Sandra Fernández BA, MA (fertility counselor).
Last Update: 11/13/2018