During pregnancy, certain risk situations may occur in which the specialist may decide to instruct the pregnant woman to take absolute rest. Among them, we can mention the following:
- Threatened abortion with bleeding.
- Placenta previa.
- Intrauterine hematoma.
- Medical intervention, such as amniocentesis.
- Early rupture of the amniotic sac.
- Premature uterine contractions.
- Intrauterine growth retardation.
In addition, rest is also frequently indicated in multiple pregnancies, due to the increased risk of complications.