- Master's Degree in Human Reproduction from the University of Valencia and IVI
- Specialist in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valle, Colombia
- Medical Director of Tahe Fertilidad (present)
- Director of fertility clinic PROFAMILIA in Bogotá, Colombia (2005-2008)
Honors and awards
- 2003-2005 Colfuturo fellowship (Colombia).
- 2002-2003 Director of Resident Doctors of the Area of Gynecology at Hospital Universitario del Valle (Colombia).
- 2001-2002 Javier Gutiérrez Award of the Area of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2nd position.
- 2000-2001 Javier Gutiérrez Award of the Area of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 1st position.
- 1999-2000 Javier Gutiérrez Award of the Area of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 1st position.
- 1994-1995 Best Internal Doctor of Hospital Universitario del Valle (Colombia).
Scientific community involvement
Dr. Villaquirán has published her work at different national and international conferences, and has been the autor of multiple chapters of books specialized in the area of Human Reproduction.
She has been a Professor of the Specific Master's Degree in Human Reproduction of Tahe's Assisted Reproduction Chair and the University of Murcia.
Latest articles and collaborations
- How many attempts is it advisable to make in assisted reproduction?
- Assisted reproduction techniques: differences and complexities
- Pregnancy symptoms but a negative test, what else could it be?
- What is Adenomyosis? Risks, Symptoms and Treatment
Latest replies to FAQs
- What is PGD used for?
- Could a blastocyst transfer with PGD help prevent implantation failure?
- As regards the number of IVF attempts before giving up, does it vary if it is conventional IVF or ICSI?
- What are the most common side effects of Puregon?
- Can obesity increase the chances of having adenomyosis?
- Can implantation failures be avoided when performing PGD in a blastocyst transfer?
- Can obesity influence adenomyosis?