There are several tips to increase the amount of sperm that are expelled in the ejaculate, thus increasing the possibility of achieving pregnancy:
- Avoid consumption of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs. Numerous studies have shown that harmful habits such as smoking can negatively alter sperm production, so it is advisable to lead a healthy life.
- Continuous exercise can also bring benefits, since it improves blood circulation and, by increasing irrigation in the testicles, sperm synthesis.
- A healthy diet, decreasing the consumption of saturated fats, and increasing the natural antioxidants present in fruits and vegetables prevents the oxidation of spermatozoa, improving their survival and motility.
- Avoid anxiety or stress that can affect male fertility, as well as hinder erection or ejaculation and reduce sperm vitality.
- Maintain the ideal testicular temperature, avoiding saunas, hot baths and tight underwear. The testicles are located in the scrotal sac because a temperature 2 to 3 degrees lower than that of the rest of the body is recommended for sperm production.
Although these recommendations are useful to increase the quantity and quality of sperm, they are not miraculous. There are very serious conditions due to anatomical or endocrine problems in which men cannot produce spermatozoa. Sperm synthesis processes in the seminiferous tubules must be present in order to improve semen production.
Suggested for you: How Much Sperm Count Is Needed to Get Pregnant?.