Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Low egg count- Can I get pregnant though?

Low egg count- Can I get pregnant though?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">becky</span>
    becky

Hey hey

I got my AMH levels tested the week before and I’m wondering if it’s still possible for me to get pregnant naturally with low egg reserve?
    Thx

12/15/2019 at 1:20 pm
  2. Hello Becky,

First of all, the good news is- yes, it is possible for you to get pregnant despite a diminished ovarian reserve. However, it is vital for you to start treatment as soon as possible in order to be able to conceive with your own eggs:

One of the most common treatments for low ovarian resreve is supplements like dehydroepiandrosterone. DHEA is a mild androgen that is produced naturally in the body but levels decrease with age. Supplements containing this hormone help you increase fertility. This supplement is then administered during your IVF cycle with boost live birth rate in IVF notably.While 23.1. of patients with DHEA supplements had a live birth, those without supplements had only a 4 percent live birth rate.

Another option would be egg donation treatment. In this case, donor eggs would be used and fertilized through IVF and implanted through your womb.

In order to know which treatment is best for you and your situation, my advice is that you fill in our Form to get detailed estimates from different fertility clinics according to your own personal situation, geographical location, and age.

Hope I have been able to help,

Best

12/26/2019 at 1:31 pm
  3. Did a small research. Here this is purely defferent scale. You need to have those ng/mL or pmol/l to evaluate. If taken in former the situation goes on like this: Patients with low AMH levels — less than 0.6 ng/mL. Physicians will often use a higher dose of medication to stimulate these patients and try to maximize the number of eggs retrieved. Patients with high AMH levels — greater than 3.5 ng/mL. High AMH levels are often seen in patients with PCOS. These patients are at risk for OHSS and are candidates for gentle stimulation whilst IVF. My dr at BTC explains that AMH naturally decreases with age as the ovarian reserve is depleted, and women in their 40s frequently have low AMH results. IIf the results are taken in pmol/l, AMH levels are considered satisfactory if they are above 21.98 pmol/l. We often get confused as we aren’t med experts sadly..

01/07/2020 at 5:30 pm