Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Will I get to see a pic of an egg donor or just description?

Will I get to see a pic of an egg donor or just description?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">GoingWild</span>
    GoingWild

Hello, I am considering using donor eggs but wondering if I’ll get to see a picture of a donor or if it’s just a description and that’s all. I live in FL and was told different things, that’s why I’m asking. I need all the info I can get, especially about genetics… Thank you Ladies!

04/20/2016 at 12:37 pm
  2. Dear GoingWild,

I am afraid this depends on the clinic. Some clinics give recipients just a description of the donor and others may show you a picture. It depends on whether you’ve chosen a known or an anonymous egg donor, both types allowed in the USA, as well as semi-known egg donation. The following article may be of interest: Egg donation in the USA.

In any case, if you’re worried about genetics, you shouldn’t, because all donors have to undergo a thorough genetic screening before being chosen as donors. Once obtained, you can choose to do genetic testing on the embryos via PGD/PGS if you’re overly concerned despite the genetic screening of your donor. Ask your clinic if you’ve already chosen one, or ask various clinics before making the decision.

Best wishes

04/21/2016 at 4:12 pm