The most common symptom of endometriosis is pain around the abdominal, pelvic, and lower back area.
Other symptoms include:
- Pain and gastrointestinal abnormalities, like constipation or diarrhea.
- Pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Pain when urinating during menstruation or blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Longer and heavier periods
- Brown discharge or spotting
- Exhaustion and fatigue
By Blanca Paraíso M.D., Ph.D., M.Sc. (gynecologist), Manuel Aparicio Caballero M.D., M.Sc. (gynecologist), Mark P. Trolice M.D., F.A.C.O.G., F.A.C.S., F.A.C.E. (reproductive endocrinologist), Rebeca Reus BSc, MSc (embryologist), Zaira Salvador B.Sc., M.Sc. (embryologist) and Sandra Fernández B.A., M.A. (fertility counselor).
Last Update: 09/20/2018