The main reason for a low ovarian reserve is the woman's age. However, it is not the only factor that influences the amount of eggs available at any given time.
Other possible causes of decreased ovarian reserve in women are discussed below:
- Premature ovarian failure.
- Endometriosis and other diseases.
- Certain types of genetic factors.
- Cancer treatment by chemo- or radiotherapy.
- Unhealthy lifestyle, either due to stress, obesity, anorexia, etc.
- Environmental pollution.
Therefore, it is crucial to keep in mind all the factors that cause a low ovarian reserve in a woman if she wants to conceive. Thus, she can either avoid or try to find a solution to these causes.
Read the full article on: Low ovarian reserve? Causes and possibilites of getting pregnant ( 54).
By Carolina González Arboleya M. D. (gynecologist), Marta Barranquero Gómez B.Sc., M.Sc. (embryologist), Sergio Rogel Cayetano M.D. (gynecologist), Zaira Salvador B.Sc., M.Sc. (embryologist) and Michelle Lorraine Embleton B.Sc. Ph.D. (biochemist).
Last Update: 02/02/2021