Surgical treatment is a possible option for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy, especially in the following situations:
- High levels of hCG hormone.
- Presence of fetal cardiac activity.
- Hemodynamic instability of the patient.
- Contraindication for medical treatment with methotrexate.
- Need for diagnostic laparoscopy.
Whenever possible, surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancy will be performed by laparoscopy versus laparotomy.
By Guillermo Quea Campos M.D. (gynecologist), Laura Garrido B.Sc., M.Sc. (embryologist), Silvia Azaña Gutiérrez B.Sc., M.Sc. (embryologist) and Cristina Algarra Goosman B.Sc., M.Sc. (psychologist).
Last Update: 03/02/2022