Vitamin D can have effects on female fertility at various levels such as:
- Embryo implantation
- by its immunomodulatory effect and by the activation of genes related to implantation.
- Ovarian reserve
- due to its relationship with the AMH hormone.
- Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- can improve the prognosis when looking for pregnancy.
- Uterine fibroids.
- Vitamin D deficiency is considered a risk factor for this condition.
By Blanca Paraíso MD, PhD, MSc (gynecologist), Dr. Rubén Baltá I Arandes MD (gynecologist), Silvia Azaña Gutiérrez BSc, MSc (embryologist) and Cristina Algarra Goosman BSc, MSc (psychologist).
Last Update: 11/11/2021