- PhD in Medicine & Surgery from the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), with the highest qualification from the UPV/EHU through doctoral thesis about repeated miscarriages
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine & Surgery from the University of Navarra
- Medical Director of Reproducción Bilbao. OB/GYN specialized in Reproductive Medicine and specialist in Artificial Insemination (AI), In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and oocyte vitrification technique
- Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Service of the Hospital Quirón Bizkaia
- Head of Breast Pathology Unit in the Service of Oncological Gynecology of the Cruces Hospital
- OB/GYN specialized in Reproductive Medicine (Head of in vitro fertilization are of Human Assisted Reproduction Unit of Hospital de Cruces)
- Head of Breast Pathology Unit (1992-2000)
- Titular Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the UPV/EHU
- Professor of Magister in Assisted Human Reproduction at Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
Honors and awards
- Several publications and seminars at both national and international conferences
- Award: Best Communication, Conference Category (Fertility Section), granted by the Spanish Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Research Award from the Gynecology Society (1992-1993). Research award from the Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Madrid
- CEE Internship Europe Against Cancer Programme
- Top Doctors Award 2015
Scientific community involvement
- Member of the Spanish Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Permanent member of the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF)
- Member of IVF-Worldwide
- Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Endocrinology (ESHRE)
- Vice-president of the Directive Board of the SEF
- Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
Latest articles and collaborations
- Understanding the Results of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- What is antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) and how does it affect pregnancy?
- What is ectopic pregnancy? - Types, symptoms and diagnosis
- What are recurrent miscarriages? - Causes, diagnosis and treatment
- What Is Artificial Insemination with Husband’s Sperm (AIH)?
- How much time should pass after a miscarriage to try to concieve again?
- What does the follicular puncture of an IVF process consist of?
- How to be a single mother? Fertility treatments and prices
- How successful is artificial insemination?
- Success rates of in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- What are the main causes of sterility and infertility?
- What Causes Female Infertility? - Definition, Signs & Treatment
- What is the best biological age to become a mother?
- What Is a Chemical Pregnancy? - Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- What is the probability of twins with IVF and artificial insemination?
- Differences Between Primary & Secondary Infertility
- Embryo Transfer in Natural Cycles: Advantages & Disadvantages
- The ICSI Process - How Does It Work Step by Step?
- How Does the Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) Procedure Work?
- Orgalutran for IVF: Purpose, Indications and Application
- Breastfeeding: What Is the Best Method For My Baby?
- How Many Embryos Should You Transfer for IVF?
Latest replies to FAQs
Last Update: 08/01/2018