- Specialist in gynecology and obstetrics (MIR)
- PhD in Medicine & Surgery from the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), with the highest qualification from the UPV/EHU through doctoral thesis about repeated miscarriages
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine & Surgery from the University of Navarra
- Medical Director of Reproducción Bilbao. OB/GYN specialized in Reproductive Medicine and specialist in Artificial Insemination (AI), In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and oocyte vitrification technique
- Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology Service of the Hospital Quirón Bizkaia
- Head of Breast Pathology Unit in the Service of Oncological Gynecology of the Cruces Hospital
- OB/GYN specialized in Reproductive Medicine (Head of in vitro fertilization are of Human Assisted Reproduction Unit of Hospital de Cruces)
- Head of Breast Pathology Unit (1992-2000)
- Titular Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the UPV/EHU
- Professor of Magister in Assisted Human Reproduction at Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
Honors and awards
- Several publications and seminars at both national and international conferences
- Award: Best Communication, Conference Category (Fertility Section), granted by the Spanish Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Research Award from the Gynecology Society (1992-1993). Research award from the Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Madrid
- CEE Internship Europe Against Cancer Programme
- Top Doctors Award 2015 and 2019
Scientific community involvement
- Member of the Spanish Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Permanent member of the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF)
- Member of IVF-Worldwide
- Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Endocrinology (ESHRE)
- Vice-president of the Directive Board of the SEF
- Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
Latest articles and collaborations
- How Does the Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) Procedure Work?
- What causes female infertility & sterility? Symptoms and treatments
- What is intrauterine insemination (IUI) with partner's sperm?
- Success rates achieved for in vitro fertilization treatments (IVF)
- What is the probability of success of intrauterine insemination?
- How the ISCI procedure is performed - the treatment step by step
- Embryo transfer: How many embryos should be transferred in IVF?
- What differs in pregnancy with fraternal twins or identical twins?
- Ovarian stimulation protocols - process, medications and symptoms
- What is the best biological age to become a mother?
- Understanding the Results of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- What is antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) and how does it affect pregnancy?
- What is ectopic pregnancy? - Types, symptoms and diagnosis
- What are recurrent miscarriages? - Causes, diagnosis and treatment
- What does the follicular puncture of an IVF process consist of?
- How to be a single mother? Fertility treatments and prices
- What are the main causes of sterility and infertility?
- What Is a Chemical Pregnancy? - Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- What is the probability of twins with IVF and artificial insemination?
- Differences Between Primary & Secondary Infertility
- Embryo Transfer in Natural Cycles: Advantages & Disadvantages
- Orgalutran for IVF: Purpose, Indications and Application
- Feeding your newborn baby - breastfeeding or formula feeding?
Latest replies to FAQs
Last Update: 08/01/2018