- College of Medicine, M.D, University of Illinois (1987)
- Residency Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati (1987-1991)
- Fellowship, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Rush Medical School (1991-1993)
- Chicago IVF / Lincolnwood, Illinois / Orland Park, Illinois / St. Charles, Illinois / Warrenville, Illinois / Munster, Indiana / Valparaiso, Indiana (2005-present)
- Advanced Reproductive Health Centers, Ltd. Multiple Locations (1996-2005)
- Midwest Fertility Center, Downers Grove, Illinois (1993-1996)
- Applicant Interviewer, Medical School/Residency (1985-1991)
- Extern, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Research: Pregnancy in Spinal Cord Injured Women (1982)
- Research Assistant, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois (1980)
Honors and awards
- Honors, CREOG Examination (1988-1990)
- Recipient, Berlex Resident Education Award (1990)
- Appointed, Executive Chief Resident (1990-91)
- Finalist, Young Investigators Competition: Chicago Area Reproductive Endocrinologists (1993)
- Selected, most significant research 1993, international (1 of 17/550 projects) The Endocrine Society (1993)
- Lab Director, Advanced Reproductive Health Centers, Ltd. (1997)
- Lab Director, Chicago IVF (2001)
- Elected, Team Lead Inspector College of American Pathology (CAP) (2008)
- Accepted American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Nationally Reporting Clinic (2008)
- Board of Directors, Chicago IVF Shanghai (2013)
- Board of Directors, Medicess International Shanghai (2014)
- Medical Advisory Board, NxGen MDx, LLC (2015)
Scientific community involvement
- Ghosh, S., Brasch, J.: Direct determination of biosynthesis of albumin in vivo. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, May 1, 1983 1 (7). Abstract presented at the 74th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biological Chemists, San Francisco, CA, June 1983.
- Brasch, J. Ghosh, S.: Direct determination of beta lipoprotein synthesis in vivo. International Atherosclerosis Society, October 1985. Abstract presented at the International Symposium on Atherosclerosis, Melbourne, Australia, October 1985.
- Brasch, J. et al: The Relationship Between Post Wash Total Motile Sperm Count (“TMC”) and the Success of Intrauterine Insemination: Life Table Analysis of 1200 Cycles. Fertil Steril 1994; 62: 150-54.
- Brasch, Joel, et al: Delta serum progesterone may be predictive of success in long course gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist down-regulated In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles. Abstract presented at ASRM, 2000, San Diego, California.
- J.M. Nani, R. Summers, E .C. Lampley, R.S. Springer, J.G. Brasch: Delta serum progesterone may be predictive of success in long course gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist down-regulated InVitro Fertilization (IVF) cycles. American Society for Reproductive Medicine, (accepted) 2000.
- R. Summers, J.M. Nani, J.G. Brasch, A. Salhia, R.S. Springer, R.S. Jeyendran: Therapeutic efficacy of test-yolk treated glass wool column filtered spermatozoa in IVF> European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology. Poster 112, 2001
- J.M. Nani, J.G. Brasch, R. Summers, R.S. Springer, R.S. Jeyendran: Microdeletions in the Y chromosome and recurrent reproductive loss. American Society for Reproductive Medicine, (accepted for oral presentation, #32) 2001.
- J.M. Nani, R. Summers, J.G. Brasch, R.S. Springer, R.S. Jeyendran: Sperm selection method enhances embryo development. American Society for Reproductive Medicine, (accepted for oral presentation, #196) 2001.
- Brasch, Joel, et al: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Policies and Procedures for Clinical Staff, 2014 Chicago IVF, Ltd.
Latest articles and collaborations
- Male Fertility Testing - How Do You Know if You Are Infertile?
- What Is ICSI Technique? - Process, Success Rates & Cost
- What Are Müllerian Duct Anomalies? - Classification with Pictures
- Female Fertility Tests - How Do You Know if You Can't Get Pregnant?
- Ovarian Stimulation Protocols for IVF - Process & Medications Used
- Repeated Implantation Failure - Reasons Why Embryos Don't Implant
- What's Being an Egg Donor Recipient Like? - Preparation & Process
- What's the Difference between Infertility, Sterility & Subfertility?
- What Is Fertility Tourism? - Costs, Benefits & Best Countries
- Asherman’s Syndrome - Signs, Treatment & Chances of Pregnancy
- Uterine Factor Infertility - Diagnosis, Characteristics & Treatment
- Why Does a Miscarriage Happen? - Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- What Is PGD or Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis?
Latest replies to FAQs
- What are the causes of recurrent chemical pregnancies?
- What is the definition of infantile or hypoplastic uterus?
- What types of uterine abnormalities have the worst prognosis?
- What are the causes of Asherman syndrome?
- What is the best treatment option to cure endometriosis and be able to get pregnant?
- What are the different types of immune infertility?
- What are the main causes of embryo implantation failure?
- What are the main female infertility tests?
- Which values are considered normal in a semen analysis report?
- To what extent do lifestyle factors affect fertility?
- How is IVF with gender selection done?
- What does IVF ovarian stimulation entail?
- When is egg donation required?
- What are the pros and cons of ICSI over IVF?
- When is PGD recommended?
Last Update: 07/05/2019