Ovaritis, ovarian enlargement or enlarged ovaries consists of the inflammation of one or both ovaries, often accompanied by inflammation of the tubes.
Provided bellow is an index with the 5 points we are going to expand on in this article.
Ovarian enlargement or inflammation may be caused by Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), an inflammation of the female upper reproductive tract (ovaries, uterus, and ligaments); annexitis (inflammation of the tubes and the ovaries); or just by themselves. Enlarged ovaries may cause pain within the anorectal area as well as painful, irregular periods.
Although it is a rare condition, its incidence is highest in women aged 25 to 35 years.
Ovarian ovaritis or inflammation can be caused by several factors:
- Gonorrhea or blennorrhagia (sexually transmitted disease)
- Other inflammations
The main symptoms that may accompany the inflammation of the ovaries are:
- Fever and headache
- Excessive vaginal discharge
- Abdominal and ovarian pain
- Nervousness and palpitations
Ovaritis can be reduced with several home remedies, although some of them, particularly those which consist of taking baths, should be avoided during pregnancy. Therefore, you should ask your health care provider before doing them. Next we will show the most common treatments:
- Avoid cold and humidity.
- Have a diet rich in fruit and vegetables.
- Drink grape, orange, and apple juice.
- After boiling two handfuls of chamomile and flax seed in water, immerse your legs and your belly in it for 10 minutes.
- Apply tepid or hot, crushed leaves of wormwood poultice over your abdomen three times a day.
- After boiling 0.5 oz. of arnica tincture in half a liter of water, place it into your bath together with cold water, and immerse in it the area of your ovaries three times a day.
- Boil 1 tsp. of ground cloves and aniseed powder together with 3/4 of a tbsp. of powdered cinnamon, and take it three times a day.
- Boil 25 tablespoons of walnut leaves in 1L water, and add them to your baths or showers.
We make a great effort to provide you with the highest quality information.
🙏 Please share this article if you liked it. 💜💜 You help us continue!