Pregnancy causes many changes in a woman. Since a human being is growing inside her, an extra amount of vitamins and minerals is necessary. In addition to the food supplement recommend by your doctor, eating a healthy, very balanced diet is also very important in order to try to maximize the quantity of vitamins you take.
The different sections of this article have been assembled into the following table of contents.
- Iron: It is essential for the organism to produce red blood cells. It is excellent for removing the mother’s low blood pressure. It can be found on cooked cereals, raisins, plums and liver.
- Calcium: It is necessary for the baby’s bone development. It helps the mother removing muscle and intestinal cramps. It can be found on milk, cheese, yoghurt, cottage cheese and ice creams.
Types of vitamins
- Vitamin E: It is good for the mother’s muscle tone and all stretching tissues. It can be found on wheat germ, whole wheat, leaf vegetables, meat and eggs.
- Vitamin K2: It is a good purifier for removing toxins in the mother’s body. It can be found on alfalfa, soya bean oil and all vegetables.
- Vitamin A: For a correct assimilation, it should be taken together with vitamins C and B. It is good for the developing baby’s eyes and skin formation. It can be found on fish, carrots and yellow foods.
- Vitamin C: It is good for those mothers who have problems related with the Rh factor. It can be found on citrus fruits, green pepper, parsley, tomatoes and raw green cabbage.
- Vitamin B (B2, B6 and B12): It is good for the mother’s nausea and it stops the swelling of her body. Vitamin B deficiency may increase the risk of having vaginal infections and the trend towards irritability and exhaustion. It can be found on brewer’s yeast, soya bean, peas, lentils, beans, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat, mushrooms, liver, viscera and eggs.
Our editors have made great efforts to create this content for you. By sharing this post, you are helping us to keep ourselves motivated to work even harder.