As all medication, its usage is not exempt from side effects, which are divided depending on their frequency, according to several clinical studies.
Common adverse reactions
As common side effects we consider those that have an incidence of 1% and 10% of patients.
- Abdominal pain and gastrointestinal disorders, such as vomiting and nausea
- Mild or moderate Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS): between 4% of patients
- General disorders and/or injection site reactions
Uncommon adverse reactions
These side effects have an incidence of 0.1% and 1% of patients.
- Severe OHSS: in less than 0.5% of patients
- Breast pain
- Psychiatric disorders: depression, irritability, restlessness
- Gastrointestinal disorders: diarrhoea
Very rare adverse reactions
It’s extremely uncommon that these side effects take place due to the usage of the medicine, as they only have an incidence of 0.01%.
- Allergic reactions
- Mild reversible skin reactions manifesting as rash
The effect of Ovitrelle on the ability to drive and use heavy machinery has not been studied.
It’s important to read carefully the information pamphlet of the medication before using it, and in the case of noticing any side effects, the doctor should be notified, so that he can write it down in the clinical history.